Not really!

dev2gosoft, if you use DatabaseServerLoginModule, i guess somewhere in your
application the user needs to log in, am i correct.

I also have strong feeling that in your login page you use an
action="j_security_check". Allright, if so, that's why the propagation of JBoss/Tomcat
works.

However, there are situation that we want to point our login page to another specific
action, for instante, a action="MyLogonAction".This is very common if you're working
with Struts (your action could be something like action="/MyLogonAction.do").
Inside this MyLogonAction class, wich is basically an ordinary servlet you would
create your LoginContext and log the user in.
That's right there where the problem begins. If you log from inside this Servlet,
you're logged allright in JBoss, but Tomcat doesn't know anything about that.

Get more information right here.

http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3845809#3845809

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3845809