I have an ear with the following layout

  | app.ear
  |     app.war
  |     app.jar
  |     app.sar
  |     META-INF
  |         application.xml
  |         jboss-app.xml

I can deploy the war on its own no problem but when I package it in the ear and deploy
that I get the the following:

  | Cause: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.setLoader(org.apache.catalina.Loader))
  | Cause: org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Error during deploy; - nested
throwable: (ReflectionException: Cannot find setter method setLoader
StandardContext[null]
  | Cause: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.setLoader(org.apache.catalina.Loader))
  | ObjectName: jboss.j2ee:service=EARDeployment,url='app.ear'

I looked trough all of the jars in JBOSS_HOME and found the above package in
catlina.jar which is in the jbossweb-tomcat50.sar. I attempted to include this in my
ear and got another err. I am confident this is not the crrect solution anyway. Any
help would be appreciated.

Here are what I belive to be the relavant parts of my server/app config:

application.xml

  | <application>
  |     <display-name>Our App</display-name>
  |     <module>
  |         <web>
  |             <web-uri>app.war</web-uri>
  |             <context-root>/app</context-root>
  |         </web>
  |     </module>
  |
  |     <module>
  |         <java>app.jar</java>
  |     </module>
  |
  | </application>

jboss-app.xml

  | <?xml version="1.0"?>
  |
  | <jboss-app>
  |     <loader-repository>ourco:loader=app.ear</loader-repository>
  |
  |     <module>
  |         <service>app.sar</service>
  |     </module>
  |
  | </jboss-app>

jboss-service.xml (This is just a snip of the complete config please advise if I need
to post more)

  |     <mbean code="org.jboss.management.j2ee.LocalJBossServerDomain"
  |                    name="jboss.management.local:j2eeType=J2EEDomain,name=Manager">
  |         <attribute
name="MainDeployer">jboss.system:service=MainDeployer</attribute>
  |         <attribute
name="SARDeployer">jboss.system:service=ServiceDeployer</attribute>
  |         <attribute name="EARDeployer">jboss.j2ee:service=EARDeployer</attribute>
  |                 <attribute
name="WARDeployer">jboss.web:service=WebServer</attribute>
  |         <attribute name="JNDIService">jboss:service=Naming</attribute>
  |                 <attribute
name="JTAService">jboss:service=TransactionManager</attribute>
  |         </mbean>

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3846016#3846016

Reply to the post :