Hi All,

I am having problems with have an MDB registering as a Durable Topic Subscriber.

I am getting the following problem

WARN  [JMSContainerInvoker] JMS provider failure detected:
javax.jms.JMSException: Null or empty subscription
at org.jboss.mq.SpyConnection.createDurableConnectionConsumer(SpyConnection.java:112)
        at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker.innerCreate(JMSContainerInvoker.java:586)
        at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker.startService(JMSContainerInvoker.java:674)

Here is the snippet of the jboss xml file
<message-driven>
<ejb-name>EmvolveLogBean</ejb-name>
<destination-jndi-name>topic/testDurableTopic</destination-jndi-name>
<mdb-user>john</mdb-user>
<mdb-passwd>needle</mdb-passwd>
<mdb-client-id>DurableSubscriberExample</mdb-client-id>
<mdb-subscription-id>Tester</mdb-subscription-id>
</message-driven>

In my client class that publishes to the topic

TopicConnectionFactory factory = (TopicConnectionFactory)
ctx.lookup("java:/ConnectionFactory");

Topic topic = (Topic) ctx.lookup("topic/testDurableTopic");
TopicConnection connection = factory.createTopicConnection("john","needle");

TopicSession session = connection.createTopicSession(true,
TopicSession.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);

connection.start();
TopicPublisher sender = session.createPublisher(topic); TextMessage message =
session.createTextMessage();
message.setText("Did u get me ");
sender.publish(message);
session.commit();
session.close();
connection.close();

I have made sure that the roles are correct but there is one issue I have..
In the  jbossmq-state.xml the DurableSubscriptions element is empty, should I need to
have some entry in here example

DurableSubscriberExample
Tester
testDurableTopic

I am using Jboss-3.2.3

But If i add this I get problems with the AS complaining it depends on other modules.

Any help is greatly appreicated

danny

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3846278#3846278