Hi,
i'm facing a very very weird problem.

Basically, i got POJOs that can locate EJBs and POJOs that cannot locate EJBs. This
seems to be a random behaviour.

Here is.

I use POJO business objects in a layer between my session faÃÂades and my cmps.
I already have on use case working like this: the faÃÂade doesn't make references to
other ejbs (neither in ejb-jar.xml nor jboss.xml), as it delegates the work to a
business POJO.
This is business POJO looks for a local interface in the following way.

  | partyHouseLocalHome =
(PartyHouseLocalHome)ejbHomeFactory.lookupByLocalEJBReference("PartyHouseLocal");

The above code is inside the POJO's constructor. Everything works perfectly fine. I
afirm: The faÃÂade which delegates to this POJO, which is the PartyIssuesBean, does
not have any reference in ejb-jar.xml and jboss.xml to the bean PartyHouseBean, the
one i'm looking for in the above code.

So, today i was creating a new use case and build a very similar archicture -> a
session faÃÂade that delegates to a POJO.
I build a brand new session faÃÂade that does not reference any other bean in
ejb-jar.xml and jboss.xml. This faÃÂade delegates to a POJO that, inside it's
constructor, look for the following ejbs.

  | partyHouseLocalHome =
(PartyHouseLocalHome)ejbHomeFactory.lookupByLocalEJBReference("PartyHouseLocal");
  | partyNegotiationLocalHome =
(PartyNegotiationLocalHome)ejbHomeFactory.lookupByLocalEJBReference("PartyNegotiationLocal");

Here's the weird thing, on the second lookup i get a javax.ejb.NameNotFoundException
!!!!
The lookup for the PartyHouseBean works, but the lookup for the PartyNegotiationBean
does not work!!!

Then, i decided to add a reference (in ejb-jar.xml and jboss.xml) to the
PartyNegotiationBean for the Session faÃÂade the delegates to this POJO.
With that, i lookup works fine !!!!
In other words:
- When i lookup from this POJO for the PartyHouseBean (as in the code above) i do not
need a reference to PartyHouseBean in ejb-jar.xml or jboss.xml for the faÃÂade that
uses this POJO.

- When i lookup from this POJO for the PartyNegotiationBean, it only works if a set a
reference to PartyNegotiationBean in ejb-jar.xml and jboss.xml for the faÃÂade that
uses this POJO.

How weird is that????
I couldn't see any thing diferent between the code of PartyHouseBean and
PartyNegotiationBean..., is there some kind of externalize????

ejb-jar.xml
   <session >
  |          <description>[CDATA[]]</description>
  |
  |          <ejb-name>EventPromotion</ejb-name>
  |
  |          <home>ltcmelo.homeinterface.EventPromotionHome</home>
  |          <remote>ltcmelo.remoteinterface.EventPromotion</remote>

<local-home>ltcmelo.localhomeinterface.EventPromotionLocalHome</local-home>
  |          <local>ltcmelo.localinterface.EventPromotionLocal</local>
  |          <ejb-class>ltcmelo.session.EventPromotionSession</ejb-class>
  |          <session-type>Stateless</session-type>
  |          <transaction-type>Container</transaction-type>
  |
  |          <!-- THIS IS THE FACADE THAT DELEGATES TO THE POJO. IN THE POJO I C
  |          PERFECTLY LOCATE THE PartyHouseBean WITHOUD SETTING A LOCAL REF,
  |          BUT I CAN ONLY LOCATE THE PartyBean IF I INSERT THIS REFERENCE -->
  |
  |          <ejb-local-ref >
  |             <ejb-ref-name>ejb/PartyLocal</ejb-ref-name>
  |             <ejb-ref-type>Entity</ejb-ref-type>
  |             <local-home>ltcmelo.localhomeinterface.PartyLocalHome</local-home>
  |             <local>ltcmelo.localinterface.PartyLocal</local>
  |             <ejb-link>Party</ejb-link>
  |          </ejb-local-ref>
  |
  |       </session>

jboss.xml

  |       <session>
  |          <ejb-name>EventPromotion</ejb-name>
  |          <jndi-name>EventPromotionBean</jndi-name>
  |          <local-jndi-name>EventPromotionLocal</local-jndi-name>
  |
  |          <!-- I NEED TO ADD THIS REFERENCE SO MY POJO CAN WORK WITH THE
  |               PartyBean!!!
  |               NOTE THAT THE POJO LOCATES THE PartyHouseBean AND I DON'T HAVE
  |               A REF. TO PartyHouseBean HERE.
  |          -->
  |
  |          <ejb-local-ref>
  |             <ejb-ref-name>ejb/PartyLocal</ejb-ref-name>
  |             <jndi-name>PartyLocal</jndi-name>
  |          </ejb-local-ref>
  |
  |         <method-attributes>
  |         </method-attributes>