I have found the cause.  The documentation says "Open the hsqldb-ds.xml file which
youÂll find in the deploy directory and which sets up the default datasource".  The
problem ws there are 2 deploy directories - one under ~all and another under ~default.
 Both these locations have a copy of the hsqldb-ds.xml file.  The mods outlined in the
manual  have to be done in both files.  I had made the mods to the one under all/deply
only initially.  After I made the mods to the file in default/deploy directory and
restarterd the JBoss server, the db-create-table etc started working again.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3847945#3847945

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3847945