I'd propose you simplify your descriptor to the absolute minimum. It seems there is a
lot of redundancy there.

I'm copying Scott's reply about this:

anonymous wrote :
  | Tomcat as a service does not delay its initialization. It does delay the start of
its connectors until the server sends a start notification, but this is seperate from
it being started. All wars would be started as soon as the jbossweb-tomcat50.sar has
been started, but the transport would not be active until the server started.

Good luck!
/Dimitris

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3848231#3848231