"genman" wrote :
  | Is your MDB reading messages from the local server queue?  I don't think you need
to do what you're doing.  It looks like you're trying to connect to the local server,
in which case you're very confused.  The HTTPIL stuff is what the client uses to talk
to the server, not the MDB to the server.

  | Or, are you creating an MDB to talk to a different server?  In which case, follow
the examples given in the Wiki to create a JMSProvider.

Genman:

I am indeed very confused.  Thank your for your helpful message!

I have experience with "tunneling" EJB traffic over https, so I have been mistakenly
assuming that there must be parallels in the JMS world (at least when both are in
JBoss).  For example, in the case of session beans, you override the invoker-bindings
in the jboss.xml deployment descriptor to access the bean via https instead of normal
RMI.  From this, I had been incorrectly assuming that a parallel invoker-binding
modification would be required for MDBs.  However, as you pointed out, this is not the
case (at least for locally accessed topics).  I suppose this makes some sense as JMS
pub traffic is more one way than is EJB/RMI traffic.  Is it just by looking up the
jndi HTTPConnectionFactory (instead of ConnectionFactory) that cause and https based
proxy to be returned?  Is this really the only key - in addition to having HTTPIL
configured?

Thanks again!

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3848387#3848387