OK I have a secure EJB app which uses LDAPAuthentication.  I have several web apps
that go against it.  Secure and not secure.  The secure web apps go against the same
LDAP, using the same security domain, and all is happy.  They can call the EJBs with
no problem.

The unsecure web app needs to act as a security proxy when it goes against the EJB
server,   That is, users need not log in, the web app itself needs to provide
credentials.

I have read the Chapter 8 over and over for the last 2 days.  I've tried a wide
variety of Login Modules in various combinations.

I think the unsecured web app needs to have some security contraints in the web.xml,
otherwise the web container won't have a Principal to pass to the EJB container  and I
will always see Authentication exception, principal=null  Is this true or not?

Next, if I have security-constraints in the web.xml, I will also need to define BASIC
authentication, which means a dialog will appear, which is also not what I want.  I
want the web container to use some pre-configured username (and password?) in all
cases for this web app.  SO is there some way to use a LoginModule to provide username
and password in lieu of getting it from the user?

There is some discussion in the docs about the UsersRolesLoginModule, and having the
unauthenticatedIdentity property set.  But when I do this (setting it in the
application-policy for the web server), the EJB server tries to authenticate against
LDAP as I would expect and fails with Authentication exception, principal=null.

Then I was thinking, why do I need to authenticate against the EJB server at all, if
I've already authenticated in the web server?  Isn't the principal supposed to
auto-magically get sent over as part of the EJBContext when I get the home interface
or do the ejbCreate or something?  And is there a difference in the way local and
remote beans do this?  Is the EJB server actually authenticating on each and every
call?  It can't be.  It can't be.

I'm deep in the muck.  I remember from my J2EE training that this is really easy to
do, and I am just having a heck of a time trying to figure it out in JBoss 3.2.3.

dt

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3848613#3848613

Reply to the post :