We have been trying to use the InvocationContext to pass "out of band" information
from the client to the server using the InvocationContext, populating and evaluating
it in client-side and container-side interceptors. For local calls within JBoss, the
concept is working as it should, but using a remote, clustered connection, the
InvocationContext is lost and Invocation#getInvocationContext simply returns null on
the container.

I've stepped through the JBoss code and found, that the reason for this is the use of
MarshalledInvocation in the JRMPInvokerProxyHA proxy. Here, as a last step before the
actual invocation is being performed, the original Invocation object as populated by
our interceptor is converted into a MarshalledInvocation:

MarshalledInvocation mi = new MarshalledInvocation(invocation);
target.invoke(mi);

In the MarshalledInvocation(Invocation) constructor, it seems as if all the data from
the original Invocation object is copied, except for the InvocationContext, hence
resulting in a "null" context on the container side.

Is the context discarded on purpose, or is this a bug in the MarhsalledInvocation
constructor?

Tor

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3849411#3849411