When trying to move to JBoss 4.0 I ran into a snag. ejb-deployer.xml in the deploy
directory contains something that is probably not standard SQL:

       create table TIMERS (
           TIMERID varchar(50) not null,
           TARGETID varchar(50) not null,
           INITIALDATE timestamp not null,
           INTERVAL bigint,
           INSTANCEPK other,
           INFO other,
           constraint timers_pk primary key (TIMERID)
        )

This causes errors at JBoss startup.

First of all, INTERVAL is a reserved word and MySQL barfs on it. Secondly, 'other' is
not a type known to MySQL.

Changing INTERVAL into TIMER_INTERVAL and 'other' into 'text' (as I had no clue what
to change it into) seems to fix the problem.

Or did it? Now I get a "Hibernate lazy instantiation problem" when I try to fetch my
objects from the database through Hibernate. I don't get that problem with JBoss
3.2.5. What I did notice was that JBoss 4.0 came with its own hibernate2.jar, so I
didn't copy it into the lib directory. I did copy the others related to Hibernate
though.

Any clues? Hopefully someone can enlighten on these issues me while I go back to
version 3.2.5 and let others further debug what seems to be a premature release to me.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3849561#3849561

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3849561