Hello,

I found the solution to my problem myself.  There really needs to be some
documentation on 4.0.

I found that the standard server will run the security correctly.

The reason for this is that in the jbossweb-tomcat50.sar/server.xml file in the
standard version has the following entry in the engine:

  |          <!-- The JAAS based authentication and authorization realm implementation
  |          that is compatible with the jboss 3.2.x realm implementation.
  |          - certificatePrincipal : the class name of the
  |          org.jboss.security.auth.certs.CertificatePrincipal impl
  |          used for mapping X509[] cert chains to a Princpal.
  |          -->
  |          <Realm className="org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JBossSecurityMgrRealm"
  |             certificatePrincipal="org.jboss.security.auth.certs.SubjectDNMapping"
  |             />

If you are planning to use the default configuration and security make sure you add
the above to the engine.

-- Carolyn

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3851540#3851540