Thanks -

I did try that - both with jboss-app and the jboss-service - and in both instances I
got

2004-10-15 09:56:41,804 ERROR [org.jboss.ejb.StatelessSessionContainer] Initialization
failed jboss.j2ee:jndiName=ejb/service/remote/EmployeeService,service=EJB
java.lang.ClassCastException
        at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.BaseLocalProxyFactory.getEJBLocalHome(BaseLocalProxyFactory.java:210)
        at org.jboss.ejb.Container.createService(Container.java:581)
        at
org.jboss.ejb.StatelessSessionContainer.createService(StatelessSessionContainer.java:133)
        at
org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.jbossInternalCreate(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:237)
        at
org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.jbossInternalLifecycle(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:219)

when it tried to deploy my EJB.  The EJB is in a JAR in the EAR - so I dont understand
why the ClassCastException?

My setting from the jboss-service is : (with "<>'s" removed)

  !-- EAR deployer, remove if you are not using Web layers --
   mbean code="org.jboss.deployment.EARDeployer" name="jboss.j2ee:service=EARDeployer"
        !-- Isolate all ears in their own classloader space --
        attribute name="Isolated">true/attribute
   /mbean

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3851563#3851563

Reply to the post :