Hi Adrian,

Thanks for your response. I am still using the default Hypersonic persistent store, as
evidenced by the very large files in $JBOSS_HOME/server/default/data/hypersonic. This
is a surprise to me though because I explicitly set the delivery mode in the header of
the JMS message to NON_PERSISTENT, which apparently is being ignored by the sender.

The thing that surprises me most is the apparent link between the time taken for the
sender.send() to return, and the time it takes for the MDB to process the message
consumed as a result of the send. When the individual MDBs processing is quick, then
the whole thing works very efficiently, and I can see that by configuring a arbitary
number of parallel instances on an SMP host that I get better throughput.

I will try setting up our RDBMS as the persistent store if get better mileage.

Thanks and regards,
Andrew

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3851613#3851613