As a disclaimer, I've been through the required 4+ hours of Google and JBoss forum
searching (when are the going to fix the search function here??)

What I have is an internet server with Apache on it and virtual hosting set up.  This
is to say there's a directory structure like the following:

  | /vhosts
  |     | ----/hostedDomain1.com
  |     |            | ----/resin-start.sh
  |     |            | ----/webapps
  |     |            | ----/htdocs
  |     |            |         | ----/WEB-INF
  |     | ----/hostedDomain2.com
  |     |            | ----/resin-start.sh
  |     |            | ----/webapps
  |     |            | ----/htdocs
  |     |            |         | ----/WEB-INF
  |     | ----/hostedDomain3.com
  |     |            | ----/resin-start.sh
  |     |            | ----/webapps
  |     |            | ----/htdocs
  |     |            |         | ----/WEB-INF

What I want to do, and what I've seen done with Resin, is where there is a startup and
stop script in the root of each hosted domain's directory structure that controls
separate instances of Resin for each domain.  Only one instance of Resin is installed
(under its install directory with a symlink to /resin), but each domain has it's own
JVM instance, and webapps (WAR, EAR) put in the individual webapps directories are
only deployed for those domains.

Now I know about the wiki page:
http://www.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=VirtualHosts

.. but that is for one JBoss instance to serve many sites, whereas I want that
separate JVM instance for each site.  I was hoping that someone here could point me in
the right direction as to how to set this up, and integrate it with the virtual
hosting already set up in Apache.  I'm guessing it would require mod_jk1.2, but the
exact configuration to send requests from a virtual domain in Apache to a virtual
domain in JBoss escapes me.

I'd also consult the admin/devel guide, but the last one I got from my subscription
(another thing that needs fixing - I haven't received an update in months and my sub
is not expired) only cover up to 3.2.3, whereas I am going to use either 3.2.5 or 4.0
for the Tomcat 5 1.4 J2EE and 5.0J2SE support.

Can any help?

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3850216#3850216

Reply to the post :