I run a java client with use the ClientLoginModule to transfer credentials to the
JBoss server. The client acces a protected stateless session bean running in the
"other" security domain.
This is the client:

  |   public static void main(String[] args) {
  |     try {
  |       SecurityUtil sc = new SecurityUtil();
  |       char[] passw = {'d', 'r'};
  |       sc.login("dragos", passw);
  |       SecurityServiceDelegate securityDelegate = new SecurityServiceDelegate();
  |       securityDelegate.test();
  |       sc.logout();
  |     } catch(Exception e) {
  |        System.out.println(e.toString());
  |     }
  |   }

i have users.properties and roles.properties in <JBOOS_HOME>/server/default/conf

users.properties:
--------------------
dragos=dr
cristi=cr
user1=u1

roles.properties:
-------------------
cristi=user
dragos=user
user1=user

But when the client run I obtain this error:

anonymous wrote :
  | rdcs.core.client.DelegateException: java.rmi.ServerException: RemoteException
occurred in server thread; nested exception is:
  |     java.rmi.ServerException: EJBException:; nested exception is:
  |     javax.ejb.EJBException: checkSecurityAssociation; CausedByException is:
  |     Authentication exception, principal=dragos

on the client side and
anonymous wrote :
  | 15:33:43,902 ERROR [LogInterceptor] EJBException, causedBy:
  | java.lang.SecurityException: Authentication exception, principal=dragos
  |         at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.SecurityInterceptor.checkSecurityAssociation(SecurityInterceptor.java:165)
  |         at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.SecurityInterceptor.invokeHome(SecurityInterceptor.java:83)
  |         at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor.invokeHome(LogInterceptor.java:120)
  |         at
org.jboss.ejb.plugins.ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.invokeHome(ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.java:93)
  |         at
org.jboss.ejb.StatelessSessionContainer.internalInvokeHome(StatelessSessionContainer.java:319)
  |         at org.jboss.ejb.Container.invoke(Container.java:743)
  |         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
  |         at
  |         at
  |         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
  |         at
org.jboss.mx.server.ReflectedDispatcher.dispatch(ReflectedDispatcher.java:60)
  |         at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.dispatch(Invocation.java:61)
  |         at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.dispatch(Invocation.java:53)
  |         at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:86)
  |         at
org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.invoke(AbstractMBeanInvoker.java:185)
  |         at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:473)
  |         at
org.jboss.invocation.jrmp.server.JRMPInvoker.invoke(JRMPInvoker.java:360)
  |         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
  |         at
  |         at
  |         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
  |         at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.java:261)
  |         at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Transport.java:148)
  |         at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
  |         at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java:144)
  |         at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(TCPTransport.java:460)
  |         at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport.java:701)
  |         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

on the server side

what could be the problem?

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3852049#3852049