Sorry for cluttering the forum. I've already asked this question but without an
answer. Hence posting again with more clarity.

Is it possible to configure my servlet in such a way that it listens to a particular
port, Say 7001?

I want my clients to access this servlet NOT thru HTTP request to jboss port 8080 but
by posting bytes directly on 7001. The client only knows IP address & port number of
the host and has no knowledge of servlet existence. It only knows to send bytes in a
particular order on an IP and its particular port. I need JBoss to route all requests
on this port to my servlet - and handle multiple requests in the process.

Will I need to write a separate redirector which listens on the port, wraps these
bytes in HTTP and sends them to the servlet ? [And hence get into the mess of managing
threads for mutliple clients and sockets]

Or is it possible to route everything on 7001 to my servlet automatically?

Thanx for ne insight

--- Pooja.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3852630#3852630