anonymous wrote :  This tag is optional, and lets you define whether or not a util
class should be generated, and whether to use the logical component name
(java:comp/env) or the physical JNDI name to do the lookup. If this tag is not
specified, the util class will be generated using logical lookups (provided the
subtask is used)

  | XDoclet REF: http://xdoclet.sourceforge.net/xdoclet/tags/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  |
  | Applies to: Applies to Entity Beans and Session Beans

What's "logical component name"? or "Physical JNDI name"? When I do look up, I do
something like this, using JNDI name as specified on "jboss.xml" JNDI-name-to-EJB-name
mapping section:

  | context = new InitialContext();
  | Object ref = context.lookup("ejb/UserAuthenticationManager"); //THAT's JNDI name -
is there distinction between "Physical" JNDI names and other type of JNDI name?
  | authManagerHome = (AuthenticationManagerHome)PortableRemoteObject.narrow(ref,
AuthenticationManagerHome.class);
  | authManager=authManagerHome.create();

Bean:

  | /**
  |  *
  |  *  @ejb.bean       name="UserAuthenticationManagerEJB"
  |  *                  display-name="User Authentication Manager EJB"
  |  *                  description="User Authentication Manager"
  |  *                  view-type="remote"
  |  *                  jndi-name="ejb/UserAuthenticationManager"
  |  *                  type=stateless
  |  *  @ejb.interface
  |  *     remote-class="com.aa.samples.interfaces.AuthenticationManager"
  |  *  @ejb.home
  |  *           remote-class="com.aa.samples.interfaces.AuthenticationManagerHome"
  |  *
  |  */
  | public class AuthenticationManagerBean implements SessionBean {
  | }

My understanding is that jndi-name="ejb/UserAuthenticationManager" gets rendered into
"jboss.xml" by XDoclet:

  | EJB name to JNDI name mapping in "jboss.xml":
  | <session>
  |          <ejb-name>UserAuthenticationManagerEJB</ejb-name>
  |          <jndi-name>ejb/UserAuthenticationManager</jndi-name>
  | </session>

What's the distincation between:
1. Physical  JNDI names
2. other kinds of JNDI names