Hi,

We are using Oracle 9i (9.2.0.4) with JBoss 3.2.5. We are using the JDBC driver
ojdbc14.jar.

We observed that the time taken for DataSource.getConnection() is not consistent. It
ranges between 20 milli seconds to 22 seconds.

By enabling some debug and trace levels in JBoss we narrowed down the delay to be
happening on OracleXAResource.start() call. There is no load on the database server.
We had only 2/3 connections open to the database at a time.

Can you let us know if this is a known problem and how to get around it?

Thanks,

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3853963#3853963

Reply to the post :