Hi I am seeing intermittent 500 internal server error with jboss.net with my
authenticated service. The service is wrapped with BASIC http authentication via jaas
and database login module. The setup seems to be correct since I do ge authenticated
and service gets invoked correctly 50% of time. Other 50% of time I am getting the 500
error. I am attaching first few lines of error here. Thanks!

My setup: jboss 3.2.6/java 1.4.2/OSX 10.3.5

15:58:23,365 ERROR [Engine] StandardWrapperValve[JBossAxisServlet]: Servlet.service()
for servlet JBossAxisServlet threw exception
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.jboss.net.axis.Deployment.oldGetService(Deployment.java:255)
        at org.jboss.net.axis.Deployment.getService(Deployment.java:275)
        at org.apache.axis.configuration.FileProvider.getService(FileProvider.java:290)
        at org.apache.axis.AxisEngine.getService(AxisEngine.java:302)
        at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:900)
        at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:372)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:237)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:157)
        at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:75)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:186)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:157)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:214)

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3853980#3853980

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3853980