As far as never conflicting, there definitely could be a problem there.  In a
very similar deployment scheme, I was getting ClassCastExceptions because I had
redundant files in different archives.  In looking into the matter, I found
similar stories with most developers blaming the fact that java identifies
classes, not only by their byte-code, but also by the classloader that loaded
them.  In JBoss (I believe), every archive in the deploy directory gets its own
classloader.  So, if a class is created with the class from one archive and
later cast (as mine was after being down cast to an Object) to the class from
the second archive, you'll get a ClassCastException.  I only managed to resolve
the problem by grouping everything into an exploded ear which eliminated the
redundant file.

I'm still working my way through the classloader paradigm, and, it seems, 4.0
has made some changes.  If I've missed the lollipop on this, someone correct me.

~Brett

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3854504#3854504

Reply to the post :