Hi !
I need to be able to load a simple JMX bean using standard MLET,
defined by JMX spec, and not as JBoss service.
So, I wrote a simple ps-jmx-service.mlet file, below, and put it into
C:\jboss-4.0.0\server\default\deploy directory.
The PSJmx.jar it has is placed into C:\jboss-4.0.0\server\default\lib directory.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

The JBoss does something weird - it picks up my jar, copies it into tmp/
with the rest of deployable jars, names it as tmp31883PSJmx.jar.mlet
So, I checked it is my jar only renamed with .mlet extension;
Then it tries to deploy it and throws Zip exception:

10:17:24,334 WARN  [JARDeployer] Failed to add deployable jar:
file:/C:/jboss-4.0.0/server/default/tmp/deploy/tmp31886p
-jmx-service.mlet
java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
        at java.util.zip.ZipFile.(ZipFile.java:112)
        at java.util.jar.JarFile.(JarFile.java:127)
        at java.util.jar.JarFile.(JarFile.java:65)
        at
org.jboss.deployment.SubDeployerSupport.processNestedDeployments(SubDeployerSupport.java:245)
        at
org.jboss.deployment.SubDeployerSupport.init(SubDeployerSupport.java:143)
        at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.init(MainDeployer.java:799)
        at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:736)

I checked the jar - it is fine, java has no problem with it, Winzip also opens
it no problem.

Can anybody tell what could be the issue?

Thanks a lot,
-Vitaly

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3854835#3854835