I got a "fail to obtain type-mapping metadata" error when deploying CMP.  I am
using JBoss 4.0.0./Java 1.4.  I am using mySQL database.

My mysqldb-ds.xml in my deploy directiory looks like:

   <local-tx-datasource>
      <jndi-name>DefaultDS</jndi-name>
      <connection-url>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/test</connection-url>
      <driver-class>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</driver-class>
      <user-name>root</user-name>

   </local-tx-datasource>

I have the datasource in standardjbosscmp-jdbc.xml to have the value
"java:/DefaultDS".  The datasource and type-mapping in standardjaws.xml have
the values "java:/DefaultDS" and "mySQL", respectively.

I also have the datasource and type-mapping in my own jbosscmp-jdbc.xml in
META-INF to have the values "DefaultDS" and "mySQL".

Do you know why is it complaining jboss.jdbc:datasource=DefaultDS,
service=metadata is not registered?

Thanks

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3855267#3855267