Hello,

        I seem to be having a problem that is more than likely due to my
inexperience with J2EE and JBoss, and cannot seem to be able to find an answer.
 I have a stateful session bean that I'd like to keep alive through a
web-client session, but any of the methods I've tried to receive it have
resulted in the object being retrieved the first time, but not on any
subsequent tries.  I have tried storing the Remote Interface directly, as well
as storing the Handle and converting it back.  The error I always seem to get
is:

java.rmi.NoSuchObjectException: Could not activate; failed to restore state;
CausedByException is:

C:\jboss-3.2.6\server\default\tmp\sessions\Cert-e1pqala4-1h\e1pqarqr-1l.ser
(The system cannot find the file specified)

org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractInstanceCache.get(AbstractInstanceCache.java:118)

org.jboss.ejb.plugins.StatefulSessionInstanceInterceptor.invoke(StatefulSessionInstanceInterceptor.java:205)

org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptor.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptor.java:84)

org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.runWithTransactions(TxInterceptorCMT.java:315)
        org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.invoke(TxInterceptorCMT.java:148)
        org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor.invoke(LogInterceptor.java:191)

org.jboss.ejb.plugins.ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.invoke(ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.java:122)

org.jboss.ejb.StatefulSessionContainer.internalInvoke(StatefulSessionContainer.java:449)
        org.jboss.ejb.Container.invoke(Container.java:709)
        sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor100.invoke(Unknown Source)

org.jboss.mx.server.ReflectedDispatcher.dispatch(ReflectedDispatcher.java:60)
        org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.dispatch(Invocation.java:62)
        org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.dispatch(Invocation.java:54)
        org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:82)

org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.invoke(AbstractMBeanInvoker.java:197)
        org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:473)
        org.jboss.invocation.local.LocalInvoker.invoke(LocalInvoker.java:97)

org.jboss.invocation.InvokerInterceptor.invoke(InvokerInterceptor.java:90)

org.jboss.proxy.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:46)
        org.jboss.proxy.SecurityInterceptor.invoke(SecurityInterceptor.java:55)

org.jboss.proxy.ejb.StatefulSessionInterceptor.invoke(StatefulSessionInterceptor.java:105)
        org.jboss.proxy.ClientContainer.invoke(ClientContainer.java:85)
        $Proxy397.getCertID(Unknown Source)
        org.apache.jsp.users.overview_jsp._jspService(overview_jsp.java:115)
        org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:94)
        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:324)
        org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:292)
        org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:236)
        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)

org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:75)

Does anyone have any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?  I can pass id's around and
constantly create objects, but I'd like to be able to create the SSB once and
use it across the website.

Diane Cochran