So I figure if I wanted to if my batch filed creation through an exception it
would be simpler just to sebnd an e-mail with log4j?

As for "threadcount" that wouldn't be an actuall attribute because it wouldn't
have any set and get. On the other hand "maxthreadcount" would and only once
"threadcount" reached the "maxthreadcount" then I would get the notification.

Now how can I implement this?

Would it be somewhere in my service's logic like...?

start loop
   spawn thread
   increase threadcount

   if threadcount is > maxthreadcount