Hi there,

     We're currently having some problems with JBossMQ in terms of scalability
in the number of messages. Our application has an operation cicle of one hour;
if all work is done before the hour ends, then the application stays in an idle
state.

The MDB is slower consuming the messages from the topic than the other
application producing them; so, the topic starts accumulating messages. This
MDB can have 30 instances, and I can see them being used in the begining of the
operation, when the topic has no messages accumulated.

But when the messages start to accumulate, only one or two instances of the MDB
are created... And the system gets slower and slower, going well after the
hour. Is this caused by any wrongly configured parameter, or is it that JBossMQ
can't distribute the messages at a sufficient high rate?

Also, I got to the conclution that JBossMQ performance doesn't follow a liner
relationship with the number of messages. In fact, we noticed that a 30%
increase in messages has a 50% decrease in performance.

Is there anything we can do besides switching from JBossMQ to another
implementation? Thanks in advance,

We're using JBoss version 3.2.3 and the topic is non-durable.

ArmÃnio Pinto

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3855886#3855886

Reply to the post :