I did more research and it seems that on windows, using the Microsoft Security
Support Provider Interface, I could achieve a single sign-on mechanism
transparently using NTLM (Windows NT domain) or Kerberos (Windows 2000/2003
domain).

But (of course there is a but), the authentication mechanism involves multiple
client/server exchanges (the client and the server are going through a specific
dialog before the server can trust the client).

The real question is if JBossSX provides enough extension points to plug such
mechanism, especially if it involves multiple client/server exchange before the
authentication is really done, which means that both server and client side
must be extended.

Actually, it is equivalent as trying to plug the Java GSS-API (the java version
of the Microsoft SSPI) as part of the JBossSX client/server authentication
process.

As anyone already thought about doing something like that? Does it make sense?

Thomas

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3856351#3856351

Reply to the post :