I am having the same problem with postgreSQL.  Pointing to the /server/default
folder, I changed the <datasource-mapping> to point to PostgreSQL in the
standardjbosscmp-jdbc.xml file in the /conf folder; added the postgres-ds.xml
file to the /deploy folder and removed the default -ds.xml file; exchanged the
hsqldb-jdbc2-service.xml for the postgres-jdbc3-service.xml file in the /jms
folder; in the same folder, I removed the hsqldb-jdbc-state-service.xml file;
and restarted JBoss.  What did I miss?

thanks in advance,
Mike

View the original post :