Hi,

Sorry to post this message but I try and try again without success a way to
configure an test my access to an oracle database.
I read documentation and exemple on the doc folder. But I have always the
same problem.

I use the default profile.

I have a database oracle, and I install classes12.zip in the lib directory
for the JDBC driver.

In the file .\server\default\jboss-service.xml I made this change
<mbean code="org.jboss.tm.XidFactory" name="jboss:service=XidFactory">
   <attribute name="Pad">true</attribute>
</mbean>

I create the file oracle-ds.xml directory .\server\default\deploy
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<datasources>
  <local-tx-datasource>
    <jndi-name>nameOfMyConnection</jndi-name>
    <connection-url>jdbc:oracle:thin:@myServer:myPort:mySID</connection-url>
    <driver-class>oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver</driver-class>
    <user-name>myUser</user-name>
    <password>myPassword</password>

<exception-sorter-class-name>org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.vendor.OracleEx
ceptionSorter</exception-sorter-class-name>
      <metadata>
         <type-mapping>Oracle8</type-mapping>
      </metadata>
  </local-tx-datasource>
</datasources>

I don't know what king of argument I must put on the
standardjbosscmp-jdbc.xml file, is that correct?
   <defaults>
      <datasource>java:/OracleDS</datasource>

Be sure that all parameter SID, login, password, port, Server are corrects,
I test them with SQL Plus.

Any comments are welcome.

Regards,

Laurent

Computer Resources International (Luxembourg) SA
Tel: + 352 42 44 77. Fax: +352 42 44 45

DISCLAIMER: The information in this message is confidential and may be
legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you
are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, or
distribution of the message, or any action or omission taken by you in
reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Please immediately
contact the sender if you have received this message in error.
Thank you.