Hi,

I have set up an Oracle DataSource using the oracle thin driver
(oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver) and my application uses CMP 2.0 Entity Beans.

The problem is that JBoss doesn't seem to make a difference between "Bean with
PK X doesn't exist" and a brutal DB shutdown after its startup and the
connection pool creation. I've got the same FinderException for both cases when
a finder method on an entity bean is called.
This is a real problem for us, because the two cases have a different meaning :
the first one could be an applicative problem whereas the second is really a
system issue.

We've tried to use the OracleValidConnectionChecker as well as the
check-valid-connection-sql to make JBoss distinguish the DB shutdown problem
from the real finder issue, but it doesn't worK.

So here are my questions for the DataSource experts :

1. Is this a well-known issue ?
2. Is there a work-around or a fix available ?

Thanks for your help

Regards,

Gregory

View the original post :