I have been creating a simple application to help me get to used to JBoss.  I
am using version 4,00 with Java1.5 and MySQL.

My application consists of two CMP EJB's, a Stateless Session EJB (which
accesses the two CMP EJB's) and then some JSP's which access the Session EJB.

When I attempt to use the JSP's I get a EJB not Bound NamingException.

I have tried several different approachs but still remian mystified.

The parts of the XML files of interest are:

in web.xml

  | <ejb-ref>
  |     <description>no description</description>
  |     <ejb-ref-name>ejb/HashMapControllerEJB</ejb-ref-name>
  |     <ejb-ref-type>Session</ejb-ref-type>
  |     <home>james.examples.ejb.HashMapControllerHome</home>
  |     <remote>james.examples.ejb.HashMapController</remote>
  |     <ejb-link>HashMapControllerEJB</ejb-link>
  |  </ejb-ref>

in ejb-jar.xml

  | <session>
  |     <description>Main Controller of HashMaps</description>
  |     <display-name>HashMapControllerEJB</display-name>
  |     <ejb-name>HashMapControllerEJB</ejb-name>
  |      <home>james.examples.ejb.HashControllerHome</home>
  |      <remote>james.examples.ejb.HashController</remote>
  |      <ejb-class>james.examples.ejb.HashControllerBean</ejb-class>
  |     <session-type>Stateless</session-type>
  |    <transaction-type>Container</transaction-type>
  |    <ejb-ref>...</ejb-ref>
  |    <ejb-ref>...</ejb-ref>
  | </session>

The code doing the lookup

  | public HashControllerHome getHashControllerHome() throws NamingException {
  |       InitialContext initial = new InitialContext(env);
  |         Object objref = initial.lookup(EJBGetter.HASHMAP_CONTROLLER);
  |         return (HashControllerHome)
  |             PortableRemoteObject.narrow(objref, HashControllerHome.class);
  |    }

where

  | private static String HASHMAP_CONTROLLER = "ejb/HashMapControllerEJB";

My JNDI view contains the following:

  | java:comp namespace of the HashMapControllerEJB bean:
  |
  |   +- env (class: org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext)
  |   |   +- ejb (class: org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext)
  |   |   |   +- HashEJB[link -> HashEJB] (class: javax.naming.LinkRef)
  |   |   |   +- HashMapEJB[link -> HashMapEJB] (class: javax.naming.LinkRef)

I have tried the following:

  | private static String HASHMAP_CONTROLLER =
"java:comp/ejb/HashMapControllerEJB";
  | private static String HASHMAP_CONTROLLER = "comp/ejb/HashMapControllerEJB";
  | private static String HASHMAP_CONTROLLER = "java/ejb/HashMapControllerEJB";

I have also attempted to treat the Session EJB as external using:

jboss-web.xml

  | <jboss-web>
  |    <ejb-ref>
  |       <ejb-ref-name>ejb/HashMapControllerEJB</ejb-ref-name>
  |       <jndi-name>HashMapControllerEJB</jndi-name>
  |    </ejb-ref>
  | </jboss-web>

and jboss.xml

  | <jboss>
  |   <enterprise-beans>
  |    <session>
  |       <ejb-name>HashMapControllerEJB</ejb-name>
  |       <jndi-name>HashMapControllerEJB</jndi-name>
  |     </session>
  |   </enterprise-beans>
  | </jboss>

This also failed.

The exception I get at the moment is:

  | javax.servlet.ServletException: HashMapControllerEJB not bound

with root cause

  | javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: HashMapControllerEJB not bound

If I use java:comp/ejb/HashMapControllerEJB I get

  | javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: ejb not bound

I get no exceptions at  start up using the default server minus jms.

I guess I am missing something small and obvious, but at the moment I am blind
to it.

All help will be gratefully recieved.

Thank you very much!!

View the original post :