Hi all,

we are currently using JBoss 3.2.3 in production and have an issue where two
messages arrive in a different order.

The message are sent by a Singleton MDB in the server to a permanent queue. The
client is a Java process having two JMS sessions to the server: one for
receiving and one for sending messages.

In very rare, nearly unreproducible case it happens, that two messages arrive
in a different order. We just notice that both message arrive in the same
millisecond, but could not reproduce this behaviour consistently.
Therefore, we have no detailed TRACE log output for this issue.

Looking at the JBoss site, I found two issues:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=22866&atid=376685&func=detail&aid=885053
([ 885053 ] UIL2 thead leak during broken connection attempt)

and a note in the document "Changes between 3.2.6RC2 and 3.2.6RC1"
(http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=24862&group_id=22866)

anonymous wrote : # Simulate the single thread per session to avoid concurrent
delivery to a message listener, as required by the spec.

  |     * messaging/src/main/org/jboss/mq/SpyMessageConsumer.java
  |     * messaging/src/main/org/jboss/mq/SpySession.java

Looking at the related code:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/jboss/jbossmq/src/main/org/jboss/mq/SpyMessageConsumer.java?r1=1.20.2.7&r2=1.20.2.8&only_with_tag=Branch_3_2

I found a delivery lock around the onMessage() call.

So my question is: Is it possible in UIL2 that several thread try to deliver a
message via onMessage() at the same time causing our race condition?

If this is true, this JBoss 3.2.6 change may fix our issue.

Looking forward to your answer

Cheers, JÃrg

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3858912#3858912