I am using JBoss 3.2.3, eventually we will upgrade to 4.x.  We have a
requirement that connections from our JDBC pool assume the users login and
password so that database logs reflect who performed what actions.  This has
been working for us as long as the client call is from the integrated tomcat.
When a call is made from a swing client to a session bean the principal passed
has the default login and password not the correct one passed from the client
JAAS login.  On the swing client I set auth.conf with a JVM parameter
-Djava.security.auth.login.config=D:\Projects\jboss3\client\auth.conf and it
works as far as security is concerned allowing the call but the principal
passed to JBoss does not have the login and password of the user calling it.
Thus database access reflects the default login and password from the JDBC pool
not the user calling it.

  What do I need to do to get swing clients working properly?  The swing client
uses jars from <jboss-install>/client.

Thanks
Rodney

View the original post :