anonymous wrote : Hopefully I can work this out, but really it seems that an
Entity Bean approach is a much better idea.

I don't know if it's too late to reply to this or not... but you could always
go the hybrid route... Which is... Use your singletons the way you are now but
anytime a method is called which causes a change in the state of your service
you store that state in an entity bean. whenever the service loads it would
first check for the existence of a state entity and if it doesn't find one it
could truely start fresh. If it does find one it could load the state thats
been saved in the entity.

For performance reasons you could always keep the state in the service as well.
Basically you'd have an HA Singleton with cached reads (no sense getting it
from the entity since the singleton service is the only thing modifying it) but
you'd want all of your writes updating cache and the entity (so if the server
goes down the new singleton can load the state).

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3858562#3858562

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3858562