Hey,

Nothing to do with the issue presented but we also had several performance
problems with the login phase and we simply used 2 different approaches for the
login strategy.

First login using standard user/password login with costly database lookup of
credentials, principals etc.

In this login we generate a session id that is used to automatically lookup the
cached logged credentials in another loginmodule for the rest of the client
logins.

In this way we somehow overule the need to create a different login module for
each login attempt.

Hope this helps.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3859031#3859031