darranl, please don't answer these kind of questions.

Just let them sweat until they provide some useful information.

In this case, there are two obvious mistakes which should easily
be recognisable from the FAQ or docs:
1) He mentions he copies the example -ds.xml file, but doesn't mention
installing the jdbc driver
2) The example does not install the DataSource in a jndi context with "jdbc"
anywhere in its name (he does not mention changing the jndi binding)

He doesn't even post his changed config or the stacktrace of the error!

If we answer all such inane questions by lazy users, we will do nothing else
for the rest of our lives. Also, it just encourages them to be even lazier.

People like you and I have better things to do with our lives.

If I had my way, there would be a button we could press
to move all such posts to a separate forum "Incompetent User Posts"
with that forum excluded from the search index and spider index (such as
google).

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3858916#3858916

Reply to the post :