Without knowing (or seeing) the exact errors you're experiencing, I can't point
you to exact changes you need to make.  However, I can point you to some
general things:

1) if you're deploying a JSP/servlet-based application, you should be able to
deploy a working (in Tomcat, that is) 'war' file to JBoss.  The 'context' of
the application will be (in my experience) the name of the 'war' file without
the '.war' extension.

2) Create an 'oracle-ds.xml' configuration file and deploy that.  The 'Getting
started' guide shows an example for MySQL (e.g., mysql-ds.xml).  I suspect you
should figure out how to build up an oracle-ds.xml file and deploy that.

3) I don't know how you reference your Oracle-based datasource from your
application, but I suspect you'll probably have to change references to this
datasource to use JNDI.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3859311#3859311

Reply to the post :