Hello Users,

I am using Jboss 4.0.0RC2 with an MS Access database.

Apparently Jboss does not provide the datatype mappings for MS Access so I have
tried to create my own, which may be part of the problem.

Ths issue is when I start up JBoss I get the following error:

anonymous wrote : 2004-12-20 14:58:40,203 DEBUG
[org.jboss.mq.pm.jdbc2.PersistenceManager] Could not create table with SQL:
CREATE CACHED TABLE JMS_MESSAGES ( MESSAGEID INTEGER NOT NULL, DESTINATION
VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL, TXID INTEGER, TXOP CHAR(1), MESSAGEBLOB OBJECT, PRIMARY
KEY (MESSAGEID, DESTINATION) )
  | java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax
error in CREATE TABLE statement.

When I try the exact sql in Access I do in fact get 2 errors:

1) Keyword "CACHED"
2) MESSAGEBLOB OBJECT

I put in a mapping changing OBJECT to OLEOBJECT.  However, I don't exactly know
what to do about "CACHED"; I tried to map it to nothing via the
function-mapping element.

After all this I still get the same error.

Question:

Should JBoss be using my mapped definitions for Access for these JMS
transactions?  It doesn't appear that it does.

I also tried enabling the TRACE functionality in the log4j.xml file:

   <category name="org.jboss.ejb.plugins">
  |      <priority value="TRACE" class="org.jboss.logging.XLevel"/>
  |    </category>

to look at the transformed SQL according to my mappings; no dice.

I am wondering if I may have to physically modify the code in
hsqldb-jdbc2-service.xml, but I don't like that idea.

Insights appreciated, and thank you.
Tony

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3859358#3859358