Hi Stan,
thanks for your answer.
I do not know exactly how I can define a SessionManager
globally. I saw that it works, when I configure a Context
for the root path in the server.xml file inside the Host element.

For example like this (the configuration makes not a lot sense,
it is only for the sake of showing how I can overwrite the
global settings of Tomcat). :

  | <Service name="jboss.web"
  |       className="org.jboss.web.tomcat.tc5.StandardService">
  |
  |       <!-- A HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 8080 -->
  |       <Connector port="8080" address="${jboss.bind.address}"
  |          maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25" maxSpareThreads="75"
  |          enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443" acceptCount="100"
  |          connectionTimeout="20000" disableUploadTimeout="true"/>
  |

  |       <Engine name="jboss.web" defaultHost="localhost">
  |

  |          <Logger className="org.jboss.web.tomcat.Log4jLogger"
  |             verbosityLevel="WARNING"
  |             category="org.jboss.web.localhost.Engine"/>
  |
  |          <Host name="localhost"
  |             autoDeploy="false" deployOnStartup="false" deployXML="false">
  |
  | <Context path="/">
  |        <Manager
  |             className="org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager"
  |             pathname="KARINSESSIONS.ser"
  |             maxActiveSessions="35"
  |             />
  |             </Context>
  |

  |          </Host>
  |
  |       </Engine>
  |
  |    </Service>
  |
  | </Server>

Is this the correct way to do it? Will this also work for Tomcat 4.1?

Regards Karin

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3859403#3859403

Reply to the post :