I had the same problem. Actually I was using Log4J on an own exception class,
so I had a class field called like this:

private Logger log = null;

Actually, besides being implementing the serializable interface, Logger is not
serializable so the class couldn't be serialized at all. You can solve it then
just by adding the word transient after private, something like:

private transient Logger log = null;

Doing this, you tell the VM it has not to serialize that field, and everything
works fine. I hope this helps you.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3859714#3859714

Reply to the post :