First of all, this works on my machine at home.  The problem is with the same
web-app deployed at alacrtejava.  The exception is:

03:03:40,106 WARN  [NamingContext] Failed to connect to localhost:1099
javax.naming.CommunicationException: Failed to connect to server localhost:1099
[Root exception is javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: Failed to connect
to server localhost:1099 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException:
Connection refused]

This is the relevant code in my app:

   properties.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,
"org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory");
   properties.put(Context.URL_PKG_PREFIXES, "org.jnp.interfaces");
   properties.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "localhost"); &&&&&&&&&&&&&
   InitialContext context = new InitialContext(properties);
   QueueConnectionFactory queueConnectionFactory =
(QueueConnectionFactory)context.lookup("UILConnectionFactory");
   **********
   queueConnection = queueConnectionFactory.createQueueConnection();
   QueueSession queueSession = queueConnection.createQueueSession(false,
Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);
   Queue queue = (Queue)context.lookup("queue/AdQueue");

The exception gets thrown in the line above the asterisks (****), but I suspect
the root of the problem may be in the line with the ampersands (&&&).

This is alacartejava's terse and cryptic reply:

That is because you are running a RMI server at home. That is not the case
here. Please follow the JBoss recommended in-process method for JNDI.

I am running the same JBoss-Jetty they are.  My jndi.properties file is stock
standard.

Searching the posts yields one post with very much the same problem, but no
replies.  The FAQ yields no answers.

Can anybody please point me to "the JBoss recommended in-process method for
JNDI."  Any other solution will also be fine.

Thanks,

Chris

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3860060#3860060