I have successfully bound a DataSource to the naming service:
[WrapperDataSourceService] Bound connection factory for resource adapter for
ConnectionManager 'jboss.jca:name=MySqlDS,service=DataSourceBinding to JNDI
name 'java:MySqlDS'

Objects from applications deployed within the Application Server are able to
look this up properly using:

  | private String initialContextFactory =
"org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory";

  |     private String url = "localhost:1099";
  |
  |     private String namingFactoryURLPackages =
"org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces";

  |     private String principal = "";
  |
  |     private String credentials = "";
  |
  |     public AbstractJndiLocator() throws ServiceLocatorException {
  |             env = new Properties();
  |             env.setProperty(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,
initialContextFactory);
  |             env.setProperty(Context.PROVIDER_URL, url);
  |             env.setProperty(Context.URL_PKG_PREFIXES,
namingFactoryURLPackages);
  | //          env.put(Context.SECURITY_PRINCIPAL, principal);
  | //          env.put(Context.SECURITY_CREDENTIALS, credentials);
  |             try {
  |                     ctx = new InitialContext(env);
  | //                  ctx = new InitialContext();
  |             } catch (NamingException e) {
  |                     throw new ServiceLocatorException("Unable to create
AbstractJndiLocator; " + e.getMessage(), e);
  |             }
  |     }
  |
  |     /**
  |      * If this returns null, caller should deal with it
  |      */
  |     public Object lookup(String name) throws NamingException {
  |             System.out.println("NAME" + " " + ctx.getNameInNamespace());
  |

  | to java:MySqlDS. My understanding is that any application should now be
able to look this DataSource up given the correct InitialContext.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3860813#3860813

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3860813