I have several Schedulable items that are designed to run at ~5min intervals.
   There is a ServletContextListener that starts up the items when our
application deploys.  These schedulable items worked fine for months but now
they are giving us problems.  When our application starts up the Schedulable
items are run once, but are never run again.  Even if I go the the jmx-console
and tell it to restartSchedule() I see in the logs the the item's constructor
is called, but the perform(Date, long) method is never called.

Any help with this problem would be appreciated as this is affecting a
production server.

Here is the mbeam XML configuration
<mbean code="org.jboss.varia.scheduler.Scheduler"
  |      name="backstop:service=ContactSyncTaskService-Owner-108">
  |     <attribute name="StartAtStartup">false</attribute>
  |     <attribute
name="SchedulableClass">com.backstopsolutions.fundbutter.crm.collaboration.timer.ContactSyncTask</attribute>
  |     <attribute name="SchedulableArguments">108,10</attribute>
  |     <attribute
name="SchedulableArgumentTypes">java.lang.Integer,int</attribute>
  |     <attribute name="InitialStartDate">NOW</attribute>
  |     <attribute name="SchedulePeriod">300000</attribute>
  |     <attribute name="InitialRepetitions">-1</attribute>
  |   </mbean>

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3861645#3861645

Reply to the post :