Hi,

we have been playing around with Message Bean to investigate how a distributed
transaction works in
an asynchronous way.  But we could not make that working.

Basically we have the following example:

1)       BankFacade - a stateless session Bean

2)       OracleAccountMDB - a message driven bean which internally invokes a
OracleAccountEntityBean

3)       MySqlAccountMDB - similar to the above but invokes
MySqlAccountEntityBean

4)       OracleAccountEntityBean and MySqlAccountEntityBean manages a bank
account table in oracle and mysql respectively

In BankFacade session Bean, there is a method call transfer which transfer 100
Euro from account in MySql to that in Oracle.
Both MDBs are configured to use Container Managed transactions.

Test Case:

1)       Configure BankFacade to use Bean Managed Transaction,

2)       In transfer method, explicitly get a UserTransaction and start a new
transaction,

3)       Send messages to tell OracleAccountMDB to deposit money and
MySqlAccountMDB to withdraw money;

4)       Once it?s done, call Rollback to rollback the whole transaction OR
(other scenario) let one of the Entity Beans throw an exception.

The result is the transaction is Committed instead.

Is there a way to propagate the transaction from the Session Bean BankFacade to
the MessageDrivenBeans?

Thanks and best regards

Nicole

View the original post :