Hello,

I'm interested in knowing where JBoss is heading regarding job scheduling .

I read in an older post (back in 2003) that Scott Stark seemed, a while ago, be
willing to use Quartz as JBoss scheduler and that this would effect EJB Timer
Service as well. ? What is the status on this issue ?

Can anyone explain where JBoss is heading in terms of scheduling service ?

It would be nice to know what are JBoss engineer's thoughts about scheduling
considering :

- JBoss version 3 already offered some basic scheduling services. This service
was based on java.util.Timer and java.util.TimerTask utility classes.

- JBoss AS 4 and EJB 2.1 offer now the timer bean which deprecate former
scheduling service of JBoss version 3 (does it really ?)

- There are more complete scheduling offererings in the open source market,
such as Quartz.

What is JBoss strategy on this subject ?

Fred

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3862157#3862157

Reply to the post :