Hi All,

Before I start to crack up can someone atleast confirm that this is possible..
this will atleast put my mind and heart at rest.

I am running JBoss3.0.6/Jetty and have two applications (ears) deployed. One is
mapped to the root context and the other to a customer specific context. I have
also purchased two domains for these two applications. So

www.app1.co.uk -> nn.nn.nn.nnn/index.jsp
www.app2.co.uk -> nn.nn.nn.nnn/context/index.jsp

(both domains point to the same box)

Since JBoss is running on a hosted server all requests are being forwarded by
Apache running on port 80.

I am using the following Apache directives:

<VirtualHost nn.nn..nn>
ServerName www.app1.co.uk
ServerAlias www.app1.co.uk
ProxyVia On
ProxyPass / http://localhost:8080/
ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:8080/

and

<VirtualHost nn.nn..nn>
ServerName www.app2.co.uk
ServerAlias www.app2.co.uk
ProxyVia On
ProxyPass / http://localhost:8080/context/
ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:8080/context/

However the application deployed to root functions perfectly however the
application deployed to /context does not.

The problem is that any information which is held in the session disappears if
the application is accessed via www.app2.co.uk if it Iaccess via
http://nn.nn.nn.nnn/context it all works.

I think it is to do with the session values being context specific and the
browser not sending them in.

The second question is concerning the apache stuff I have read on the Wiki and
mod_jk and mod_jk2. I think I am not using these and would these solve my
problem?

Regards
Lea.

View the original post :