Trouble is that I have been reading this forum all day and reading various
tutorials and getting more and more confused. e.g.

http://www.csd.abdn.ac.uk/~bscharla/teaching/mtp_software/jboss/jboss-ws4ee-HelloWorld.shtml

So I am working through this tutorial now and I see it is dated September 2004.
It states that I need to install axis.jar but I am not sure what version to get
and whether I already have that in JBoss or not ...

Also the tutorial looks very very complex. So, yes I am a bit of a newbie, but
I did not think the task of creating a basic web service would be so complex.
The problem is trying to wade through everything and know that it relates to
the latest release of JBoss. I also have MyEclipse and have the JBoss IDE.

Anyway, I have got nowhere today and am wondering where to go next. I have seen
a few similar Emails on this forum so I guess there are no hard and fast
answers, as the answers to those Emails have aso been inconclusive.

For instance I also have the crimeportal example talked about in this forum
set-up but then I read about issues with DTD and other things when reading
other tutorials so I am unsure what to do with it. How do I get it deployed
onto JBoss-4.0.1?

Anyway, it is very hard and I guess I wanted to put my hand up and hoe for some
enlightenment. I have to get this working so I will keep working on it until I
do.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3862515#3862515

Reply to the post :