The majority of the jboss means use non-string attributes. The conversion is
based on the standard JavaBean property editor plugin mechanism. We bundle a
number of property editors for commonly used types, java.io.File being one of
them.

  | [EMAIL PROTECTED] Releases]$ jar -tf jboss-4.0.1/lib/jboss-common.jar |
grep propertyeditor
  | org/jboss/util/propertyeditor/
  | org/jboss/util/propertyeditor/BigDecimalEditor.class
  | org/jboss/util/propertyeditor/BlockingModeEditor.class
  | org/jboss/util/propertyeditor/BooleanEditor.class
  | org/jboss/util/propertyeditor/ClassArrayEditor.class
  | org/jboss/util/propertyeditor/ClassEditor.class
  | org/jboss/util/propertyeditor/DateEditor.class
  | org/jboss/util/propertyeditor/DocumentEditor.class
  | org/jboss/util/propertyeditor/DoubleEditor.class
  | org/jboss/util/propertyeditor/ElementEditor.class
  | org/jboss/util/propertyeditor/FileEditor.class
  | org/jboss/util/propertyeditor/FloatEditor.class
  | org/jboss/util/propertyeditor/InetAddressEditor.class
  | org/jboss/util/propertyeditor/IntArrayEditor.class
  | org/jboss/util/propertyeditor/IntegerEditor.class
  | org/jboss/util/propertyeditor/LongEditor.class
  | org/jboss/util/propertyeditor/PropertiesEditor.class
  | org/jboss/util/propertyeditor/PropertyEditors.class
  | org/jboss/util/propertyeditor/ShortEditor.class
  | org/jboss/util/propertyeditor/StringArrayEditor.class
  | org/jboss/util/propertyeditor/TextPropertyEditorSupport.class
  | org/jboss/util/propertyeditor/URLEditor.class

We will soon be adding support for using the jbossxb framework in combination
with xml namespaces such that you can write more sophisticated xml -> object
parsing and ultimately a jaxb 2.0 mechanism.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3863129#3863129

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3863129