I think I'm finally getting the hang of creating a service, but I'm just not
positive what files to edit; I want to post it to the group first, then see if
it's right.  If so, I'll generate a page on the wiki explaining what I did
since there's a large gap between how to do it and why. :)

In any case, I implemented my Java service endpoint classes.  I ran it through
wscompile using the -define and -mapping option through an ant task.  This
generated both a .wsdl and jaxrpc-mapping.xml file.  These files are used in
combination by JBoss to create the .wsdd file that's stored in the server's
data/wsdl directory.

Using wscompile, it places definitions of helper structs (complex types) in the
wsdl and mapping file such as XXX_ResponseStruct and XXX_RequestStruct. For
example, the complex type getProfiles is mapped to Java object
getProfiles_ResponseStruct, etc.  The problem of course arises is that these
files aren't actually generated so when JBoss creates the .wsdd file, it can't
find the actual Java class since they weren't generated and hence, it ignores
the mapping.

<!-- Class not found, ignore type mapping
  |   <typeMapping
  |     qname='ns2:getProfiles' xmlns:ns2='http://service.profiles/types'

type='java:profiles.service.endpoint.ProfileWebServiceInterface_getProfiles_RequestStruct'
  |     serializer='null'
  |     deserializer='null'
  |     encodingStyle=''>
  |   <typeDesc>
  |     <elementDesc fieldName='String_1' xmlName='String_1'/>
  |     <elementOrder>      <element name='String_1'/>
  |     </elementOrder>  </typeDesc>
  |   </typeMapping>
  |   -->

Does this mean I have to completely edit the .wsdl that was created and the
mapping file to remove references to these created structs?

or

Does this mean that I have to use the gen:server option on wscompile because I
know that using this, it generates all the server artifacts, etc.  There's a
disconnect as to whether I have to use gen:server or if I can edit the wsdl to
accomplish creating the service.

I figure someone else must have the same questions I do. :)  Btw, I'm creating
a document/literal service using JBoss 4.0.1 with jwsdp 1.5

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Ryan

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3863179#3863179