Hi, I'm a beginner trying to pick up J2EE, I ran into a problem for this very
simple JSP page:

<%@ page contentType="text/html; charset=UTF-8" %>
  | <%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core"; prefix="c" %>

When I request it through the web server, I get:

type Exception report

  | message
  |
  | description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it
from fulfilling this request.

  | exception
  |
  | org.apache.jasper.JasperException: The absolute uri:
http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core cannot be resolved in either web.xml or the
jar files deployed with this application

org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.jspError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:50)

org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.dispatch(ErrorDispatcher.java:411)

org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.jspError(ErrorDispatcher.java:118)

org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl.generateTLDLocation(TagLibraryInfoImpl.java:316)

org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl.<init>(TagLibraryInfoImpl.java:147)

The Sun J2EE tutorial says that the Sun J2EE reference implementation server
has appserv-jstl.jar in its class path and therefore we only need to declare
the tag library. Seems like it's not the case here. I looked under the jboss
directory and found no file name containing jstl. Am I missing something here?

Oh, I'm using JBoss 4.0.1 without any configuration.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3863346#3863346

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3863346