Hi all,

I am running HAJMS  (with oracle-jdbc2-service) on JBoss 3.2.6. The oracle
server infact is an Real Application Cluster with Transparent Application
Failover (TAF).

In case of TAF , for a short period, there may be no oracle instance available.

ORA-01089: immediate shutdown in progress - no operations are permitted or
ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel
may occur

Writing transactions are normally rolled back when failover is finished or the
jboss transaction timeout occures. Reading transactions just  continue (this is
managed by the oracle oci driver).

How will HAJMS  (e.g. a MDB) behave in this case? Will it enter a reconnection
loop until oracle is available again?

Can I configure a separate transaction timeout for JMS?

Are thre special settings in the oracle-ds.xml , when used by JMS?

Thank You all
Stefan

PS: I am using Oracle 9.2 and ojdbc14.jar driver

oracle-jms-ds.xml

anonymous wrote :
  |   <local-tx-datasource>
  |     <jndi-name>OracleJMSDS</jndi-name>
  |     <connection-url>jdbc:oracle:oci8:@TNSNAMES-ENTRY</connection-url>
  |     <driver-class>oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver</driver-class>
  |     <security-domain>OracleDbRealm</security-domain>
  |
  |     <!-- Uses the pingDatabase method to check a connection is still valid
before handing it out from the pool -->

<!--valid-connection-checker-class-name>org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.vendor.OracleValidConnectionChecker</valid-connection-checker-class-name-->

  |     <!-- sql statement that is executed before it is checked out from the
pool to make sure it is still valid. If the sql fails,
  |     the connection is closed and new ones created. -->
  |     <check-valid-connection-sql>select table_name from all_tables where
owner = 'RWCO_B'</check-valid-connection-sql>

  |     <!-- an sql statement that is executed against each new connection -->
  |     <new-connection-sql>select table_name from all_tables where owner =
'RWCO_B'</new-connection-sql>

  |     <!-- a class that looks at vendor specific message to determine whether
sql errors are fatal -->

<exception-sorter-class-name>org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.vendor.OracleExceptionSorter</exception-sorter-class-name>

  |     <!-- whether to monitor for unclosed Statement?s and ResultSet?s and
issue warnings when the user forgets to close them (default false)
  |          From 3.2.6 track-statements has a new option
<track-statements>nowarn</track-statements which closes Statement?s and
ResultSet?s
  |          without a warning. It is also the new default value.
  |     -->
  |     <track-statements>nowarn</track-statements>
  |
  |     <!-- whether to enable query timeout based on the length of time
remaining until the transaction times out (default false) -->
  |     <set-tx-query-timeout>false</set-tx-query-timeout>
  |
  |     <!-- the number of prepared statements per connection to be kept open
and reused in subsequent requests.
  |     They are stored in a LRU cache. The default is 0 (zero), meaning no
cache. -->
  |     <!--prepared-statement-cache-size>100</prepared-statement-cache-size-->
  |
  |     <!--pooling parameters-->
  |     <min-pool-size>1</min-pool-size>
  |     <max-pool-size>10</max-pool-size>
  |     <blocking-timeout-millis>30000</blocking-timeout-millis>
  |     <idle-timeout-minutes>10</idle-timeout-minutes>
  |
  |      <!--the default transaction isolation of the connection (unspecified
means use the default provided by the database):
  |      TRANSACTION_READ_UNCOMMITTED
  |      TRANSACTION_READ_COMMITTED
  |      TRANSACTION_REPEATABLE_READ
  |      TRANSACTION_SERIALIZABLE
  |      TRANSACTION_NONE
  |      -->
  |     <!--transaction-isolation> </transaction-isolation-->
  |
  |     <!--metadata/typemapping> - a pointer to the type mapping in
conf/standardjbosscmp.xml (from JBoss4) -->

  |   </local-tx-datasource>

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3865175#3865175

Reply to the post :